What was once a sleepy fishing town on Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula has become a popular tourist destination in recent years, and the demand for Tulum real estate has skyrocketed as a result. Whether you’re looking to invest in property or just want to know what’s hot in the Tulum market, here’s everything you need to know about the current state of things. Property values are on the rise, and new development is happening all the time – so if you’re thinking of buying or selling, now is definitely the time to do it! Read on for more details.
Tulum Market Statistics 2022:
- The average price for a house in Tulum is around $450,000 USD.
- The average rental rate for a 3-bedroom house is around $1,500 USD per month.
- The vacancy rate for houses is around 2%.
- There is a high demand for vacation rentals in Tulum, especially during the winter months.
- Prices are expected to increase by 5-10% in the next year.
It is no secret that Tulum’s real estate market has been on the rise in recent years. And it’s not just foreigners who are buying up property in this beautiful part of Mexico – more and more Mexicans are looking to invest in the Tulum real estate market too.
There are a number of factors that have contributed to the Tulum real estate market’s recent success.
- First of all, there’s the increasing popularity of Tulum as a tourist destination.
- More and more people are discovering this corner of Mexico, and they’re falling in love with its natural beauty, its laid-back vibe, and its cool, bohemian atmosphere.
- As a result, demand for vacation rental properties in Tulum is higher than ever before. And, of course, this increased demand is reflected in prices.
- Investors are also attracted to the Tulum real estate market because of the region’s strong economic growth. The Riviera Maya – of which Tulum is a part – is one of the fastest-growing economies in Mexico.
- This is largely due to the increasing number of international businesses and investors setting up operations here. And, as more and more people move to the area to work, they’re going to need somewhere to live.
Progression of Tulum Infrastructure
Tulum’s airport is expected to be completed in 2023. The new airport will feature two runways and a passenger terminal. The project is expected to cost $ 760 million. The Mexican government has invested heavily in the Tulum airport project, as the town is considered a key tourism destination. Tulum is located in the state of Quintana Roo, which is home to the popular tourist destinations of Cancun and Playa del Carmen.
The new airport is expected to increase tourism to the area, as it will provide direct flights from major cities in the United States and Europe. Tulum is already a popular destination for travelers from these regions, but the new airport will make it even easier for visitors to reach the town.
The Tulum airport project is just one example of the significant investment that the Mexican government has made in the town’s infrastructure in recent years. Other projects include the construction of a new hospital and the expansion of the road network. These investments are helping to transform Tulum into a modern, world-class destination.
The much-anticipated Mayan Train is expected to be completed by 2023. The project, which was announced in 2018, is a 1,500-mile railway that will connect Mexico’s Yucatan peninsula. The train will have stops in major cities and tourist destinations, including Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, and Merida. It is expected to boost tourism in the region and provide an alternative mode of transportation for locals. The project has been met with some opposition, as it will require the construction of new infrastructure, including bridges and tunnels, in sensitive areas. However, the Mexican government has stated that the project will be carried out with the utmost respect for the environment.
The train will have a top speed of 120 kilometers per hour and will make stops at archaeological sites, eco-tourism parks, and beach resorts. It is estimated that the train will carry up to four million passengers per year. In addition to the train, the government is also investing in new airports, highways, and hotels.
If you’re looking for a vacation home, investment property, or just want to get in on the ground floor of one of Mexico’s hottest markets, Tulum is definitely worth checking out. The current state of the market is strong, and with new development happening all the time, it’s only going to get better.